What Brought You Here?

Sunday, December 22, 2002

Important Updates From Your Sponsor

11:53 am
If we were a normal upwardly mobile lesbian couple, I would have cleared out a section of closet/bookshelf for my lady to keep her shit her when she's away. But we are two students, me living on a yearly 14,000 USD stipend and her living on grants and loans. Therefore, neither of us has any extra drawer/ bookshelf space.

We actually got back from sunny Florida two days ago but I have not had the, erm, finger mobility to make entries thusfar. Unfortunately she left to go do an abbreviated Xmas today so I will be mournfully making entries about her over and over ad nauseum for the remainder of the the weekend till I head out for the Mother's house on the 23rd, or more likely the 24th. I finally have some X-mas present ideas. I have decided to leave my father out of it. When I returned home and checked the mail at the office, I found a check from him saying "I gave up. I hope you can get somethings you want/need with this." Nice, but I want gifts. I know this is obnoxious, but I promptly emailed my mom complaining about getting no actual gifts and begged to her to please please not give me a check and sent her the link for my amazon wishlist and a reminder that I'd already emailed her the info on the running shoes I wanted. When I arrived home again home again jiggedy jig today I had a message on the answer phone stating that I did not have to worry about getting money from her. . .


We went to the beach everyday (too cold to swim or even sit on a privately owned boardwalk and cuddle without putting on a jacket; the beach is colder than inland) but since only one beach permits driving on the shore, no Chris Isaak was specifically involved.) However, she did purchase the album containing that portion of our cheesy soundtrack ahead of time, so that was pretty neat.

I've started getting jerky twitches from the Effexor even though my dose is not up. This has been enough to convince me to go back on Buspar, which sucks but if it keeps me from having to deal with same sort of odd looks and obstacles the Tourettes Syndrome victims go through every day I guess I'll have to slide with it.

I AM OFF SERTRALINE!

Can I have a round of applause please?

I've been doing good with my binging and stuff. I purged in the hotel on the way back up and bEEped twice the first night we got back, which was a tragic reason for sending My Girlfriend to sleep at her own place. Um, I also got my diazepam, which was another reason. I've decided I'm tired of diazepam and will be requesting clonazepam for future ventures. We can make this like a guessing game and y'all can place bets on when I make the switch. Erm, should you so choose.

I gained 5 pounds on vacation which I suppose is to be expected. Though 5 pounds in 10 days seems a bit much and after one of those heavy eating days I went back to semi-starve mode for a day. But the truth of the matter is, there's nowhere North of South Carolina you can get boiled green peanuts and I don't know when we'll be making it there again. Also lots of restaurant food of questionable nutritional content contributed, I think. But you know what? Fuck it. Everyone who gives a damn would like another 15 pounds still on me.

We spent a total of 27 hours in the car together, lived in a tent in a friend's driveway for two days, and spent the rest of time exclusively disgustingly together in single hotel rooms, the cargo space of my jeep, etc. And we still love each other. So blah. This means I am finding it entirely appropriate to start thinking about where we should be apartment shopping for next year, how we shall convince our families and others that this is a newlywed situation and get homemaking gifts (queen size bed, coffee table, dining room table, bookshelves galore) out of it, and, of course, how my well-to-do mom should send us on a legit honeymoon to Walt Disney World, staying in a W.D. hotel complete with 4 day mutli-park passes for each of us in September when we have break.

That's not counting our chickens before they pop out, is it? I mean, really. It's not like we're shopping for sperm (not working on that seriously until my 29th b-day) This is the more immediate future. This is just September I'm talking about here.

I know this has been a very lesbianic entry. Should you require a cliff's notes type reading guide, may I please suggest, Lesbianism Made Easy by Helen Eisenbach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.