What Brought You Here?

Monday, December 2, 2002

4:59 pm
Home Again
For some reason, my apartment seems to have been the only one flooded by the deluge yesterday. They did come and vacuum some of the water off the floor, and I got home to a nice soggy carpet. The problem with catching the water in bucket, etc, logical as it might seem, is that the water was leaking right through the threshold of entrance to my apartment. I would have had to have left the door open all night to catch it.

Thank god (sort of) I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday. Down to 50 mg of Zoloft and up to 150 of effexor. I would really like to knock the sertraline off my daily to-swallow list for good. Not looking forward to another series of Effexor adjustments, but c'est la vie. Hey, I took French this summer, I finally can use such a phrase without being utterly full of shit.

Let me take a moment in praise of My Girlfriend. My Girlfriend, My Girlfriend. I don't think I've ever been so entranced by any one thing, person, or event in a state of sobriety in all my life. She is like fucking ecstacy, fabulous, amazing, bodacious, smart, hilarious, sensitive, wise and beautiful and indubitably incomparably righteous. I don't want to fuck this up. I want to roll around with her on the beach with Chris Isaak in the background, I want to take her everywhere and demonstrate her to everyone I know and love, I want her class to end so I can comfortably call her cellphone and find out when we are meeting up tonight. I shit you not, I have found the answer.

Everybody should get themselves a codependant lesbian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.